So, How are you all today? I'm doing good today, enjoying the summer heat in my garage, and looking out at the neighbor's immaculate front yard, and thought to myself, I should go pull a few weeds. Then I thought NOT! I have been looking for suitable crossbucks for my Lester Modules, and found nothing NP style, so I decided to make my own. I went down by the UP tracks and took a good look at one, and made some quick measurements, finding them to be about 9 feet up on a 4" x 4" post, and the cross is 4 feet wide, but the cross was perfectly symmetrical and at 45 degrees. So I went searching NP photos and found the NP cross is about 25 degrees, and the posts have a black and white candy cane stripe. NP crossbucks were different than the modern UP style: From the photo above, and this photo, it looks like the cross was all on one side of the post, and the stripe goes all the way up, making for a very striking crossbuck. Also, the modern UP crossbucks have the number of tracks placard almost centered between the lower blades of the cross, where the NP style has the placard about 2 feet or so down on the post: So, I have to make my own if I want prototypical looking NP crossbucks. Fortunately I wave some .025" square half hard brass wire I bought from Amazon's jewelry maker supplies, which is stiff, and scales to 5.5" which is as close to the 4" post material as I am going to get, and I also have a small sheet of .004" thick Phosphor Bronze, which is springy and suitable for making tiny signs. And, I have my trusty Chinese Fiber Laser to cut the signs out for me, so I lopped off 3/4" lengths of the square wire with my Draadsnijders: A little squirt of low temp solder paste and my 250W American Beauty makes quick work of attaching the signs to the posts: And the signs stick pretty easily to the posts, without too much solder mess: These crossbucks look large in these photos, but I can assure you they are tiny: I cleaned them with a stiff brush and alcohol to get all the oils off, then painted them white: Next I went to work drawing up and printing some decals. This is about the resolution limit of my Alps for legible text, using 1.5 point Arial Bold font for the #tracks and 2.0 point for the cross text. I also made a .020" wide by 1.2" long black rectangle for the candy cane stripe, and printed out a 1/4 size sheet of decals. Probably a lifetime supply: Then I applied the decals to one of the crossbucks, melted them to conform with Micro Sol, and sealed with Dullcote, to prove that I could do it: And there you have it, a fairly durable NP Style Crossbuck in Z Scale!