Märklin PKP conversions

zdrada69 Mar 28, 2016

  1. Kurt Moose

    Kurt Moose TrainBoard Member

    6,542
    4,818
    114
    ....and that paint color!:love:
     
  2. zdrada69

    zdrada69 TrainBoard Member

    870
    2,865
    41
    I think the final version will be less "sexy-looking" - lower parts of those aerodynamic lagging both on locomotive and tender were removed.


    Paint will be changed as well...

    Paint was removed and the body is placed on the original chassis. Due to the fact that this is an old model and the mechanism was covered by aerodynamic plates it is extremaly simplified.

    IMG_6377.JPG
    I decided to add some items:
    A - covering plates (to be painted black). There are holes for mounting air tanks (painted red)
    B - plates cover transparent part of the engine
    C - air compressor (spare part from past conversion)
    D - I do not know the function of those items but found them on the photos.

    IMG_6382.JPG

    Once again - the modified body on the chassis. I modified front part again. Aerodynamic lagging was shortened - based on photos of real locomotives not the museum one.

    IMG_6384.JPG

    I do not like that mechanism is so simplified. After some considerations I faound the solution. There is currently available Marklin 88856 conventional BR03 locomotive with new engine. This solution looks much better and run much better:

    IMG_6385.JPG
     
  3. John Bartolotto

    John Bartolotto TrainBoard Supporter

    1,333
    515
    33
    Looks great!’
     
  4. zdrada69

    zdrada69 TrainBoard Member

    870
    2,865
    41
    John,
    There is a lot of work to be done...

    I did not like the shape of covering plates - I changed it. I think they look much better
    "New" loco and old tender:

    IMG_6388.JPG

    Lower parts of aerodynamic lagging were removed on PKP locos shortly after WWII. Once again the technique of old modified shell and new chassis must be applied:

    IMG_6391.JPG

    Lower part of tender shell was removed and both parts fit with each other very well:

    IMG_6392.JPG

    Some more work on tender:

    A - aerodynamic covers were removed from the top
    B - "wooden" extensions of coal box are prepared
    C- special part was made out of plastic profiles to be attached to the main frame of loco's chassis. The buffers and lights will be added to this:

    IMG_6393.JPG

    Tender chassis must be weathered:

    IMG_6395.JPG

    IMG_6394.JPG
     
  5. zdrada69

    zdrada69 TrainBoard Member

    870
    2,865
    41
    Tender is finished:

    IMG_6404.JPG

    IMG_6405.JPG

    Front part with buffers and lights attached to the chassis:

    IMG_6399.JPG

    IMG_6400.JPG
     
  6. CNE1899

    CNE1899 TrainBoard Member

    235
    321
    9
    Pawel,
    Nice mods and paint job!

    Scott
     
  7. zdrada69

    zdrada69 TrainBoard Member

    870
    2,865
    41
    Locomotive shell with the chassis. The front window will get Clear-fix "glass"

    IMG_6401.JPG

    IMG_6403.JPG

    Loco with the tender. I think some weathering is still needed.

    IMG_6407.JPG
     
  8. Moose2013

    Moose2013 TrainBoard Member

    93
    164
    10
    Beautiful work ... and in Z scale! :eek: Very impressive! (y)
     
  9. gmorider

    gmorider TrainBoard Member

    939
    1,378
    30
    zdrada, outstanding work!
     

Share This Page