One of the original red switch engines shoves some cars on a spur in Millers Cove
CB&W log train passing through Hillside Jct.
Speeches in progress during the grand opening. In the foreground is the CB&W's only MOW vehicle at the time. The Mopac engine reverses away...
A different view of the grand opening procedures. Note the banner across the track in front of the red engine. The banner was broken by the...
One of the handful of old 70 tonners which the CB&W used to get started in the 1950's.
Caboose #11 tags along through Hillside Jct.
The end of the branch line on the Cedar Branch & Western. Here there is a passing track and the small mine complex.
#103 exiting the tunnel east of Hillside.
#103 rumbles out of the tunnel just east of Hillside Jct.
Engine 103 is an Athearn engine with a can motor, Ernst gears, and NWSL wheels. It can creep along as befits a small short line railroad.
The most modern engine in the Cedar Branch & Western's fleet is a GP 60.
The branch line to Breen's Mine comes off the main line here. Due to the low traffic engines are left sitting on the branch until needed for the...
Engine #103 eases into view while traversing the rocky Narrows through the Ozark Mountains.
A freight train swings through the "Narrows" head for Hillside Junction
This is the roughed in Gaskins Switch. Here the Mopac and CB&W cross. In this shot, the Mopac main runs left to right.
The only bay window caboose in the fleet. Its heritage is easy to spot if you look under the edge of the back roof above the door.
One of three identical cabooses owned by the railroad. They are numbered 12-14
Serving a handful of small towns in the Ozark Mountains, the shortline Cedar Branch and Western plods its way through hill and dale.