Oct 2, 2020
Good morning from cloudy and rainy Northeast Ohio!
Here is this weeks output!
Tangent 70T ACF Gondola Kit, painted with Scalecoat II Grimy Black and lettered with Herald King Decals. In the 50's the DT&I (PRR Controlled) leased 200 G31 Gons from the PRR and they wore a few different paint schemes while with the DT&I, this is the last paint scheme before they were returned to the PC just before Conrail. As the DT&I did not want to be included in Conrail they got rid of any PRR or PC leased cars on the system.
Branchline 50' RBL Kit, substituted A-Line Sill Steps for the plastic ones in the kit and added the one under the plug door as the prototype had one along with the grab along side the door. Car was painted with Scalecoat II Silver and Grimy Black and lettered with a Oddballs Decal set given to me by one of my club members, he gave me three sets as long as I made him one of the cars, that one is painted and awaiting some time for me to decal it. The prototype car was one of 5 ordered by the KO&G before they were fully absorbed into the Missouri Pacific and were used in general service on the railroads.
Kato PC SD40 & SD45 with a general freight running through the oil and gas storage area of the Strongsville Model Railroad Club layout.
Thanks for looking!
You guys have totally out classed my poor photo efforts!
Looking great Bob. You have a really nice layout and it's been an inspiration to watch you work. I'm like you on adding scenery as you build each module.
Sad day last night, in Hannah Vista. This house is across the street from Union Station. No trains were harmed for this picture.
Not a train but layout related. Oldie - yes, favorite, one of, pleased - yes. This 3D print was handled without breaking anything, sprayed with "School Bus Yellow" from Ace Hardware, DIY decals and a a lot of enjoyment.
I know you have most likely seen this but hey, I like to show off.
Oops. These also.
Have a great weekend but above all stay well,
For this week we have a Reading Mikado working a milk train consisting of wooden express reefers past the Water Tower.
Loco is an older IHC 2-8-2 Mikado in Reading. I have not run this loco in some time. It took me some time to get it to run smoothly. The tender had electric pickups on the wheels. They were not for the loco as there is wiring between the two. They were causing a drag on the tender wheels. Once I removed them the loco ran far better.
MDC/Roundhouse 50 FT Wood Express Reefer (Milk) – Central Vermont
Bev-Bel/MDC/Roundhouse 50 FT Wood Express Reefer (Milk) – Bowman Dairy Company
Bev-Bel/MDC/Roundhouse 50 FT Wood Express Reefer (Milk) – White Brothers #883
Bev-Bel/MDC/Roundhouse 50 FT Wood Express Reefer (Milk) – White Brothers #885
MDC/Roundhouse 50 FT Wood Express Reefer – Cheatue Martin Wines
Athearn Blue Box 50 FT Wood Express Reefer (Milk) – General Amercian Refrigerator Express
MDC/Roundhouse Northeast Caboose – Reading
And here is the video
Rio Grande in 1:220
Have a nice start into the week and stay safe!
@Josta - thats a pretty off the hook burned house. Care to share your techniques?
I want that green dress !
Candy, Good to see you back. Looks like you're picking up right where you left off. Great scene in every respect from the rundown bakery to the clotheslines, grass growing in the gutters and the 12 year old Ford coupe. Not an upscale neighborhood by any means.
It looks like a busy weekend ahead as morning arrives in the Parlor City. The parking lot is nearly full as the Phoebe Snow heads off to the Big Apple with a load of revelers
heading for shows, shopping, and night life.
I want the static grass, mine looks like a matted cat...
I used NOCH. This one is 07403 Summer Meadow. I cut out a piece that will fit a section and glue it in place. If some of the grass is too long you can trim it. The mat is about 8 by 9 inches. Real good quality. Not cheep so it's only good for small areas. I think it looks better then doing it yourself.
Certainly! First I broke several pieces of scale lumber by hand for the ragged ends effect, then "framed" the house using some of the broken pieces and some unbroken. Then I painted the house and remaining lumber with a flat black rattle can, glued it to the styrene foundation, then used black and grey weathering chalks on the foundation and framing to finish it.