Hi, fellow forumers, Being from Aus, I’ve always wanted a Garratt model. Many forum members have noted that there’s no such thing as an N-scale Garratt on the market, apart from one kit offering. So, other than that, it’s scratch build or nothing (my brother models HO and has one of the Eureka NSWGR AD60 Garratts, a wonderful model). I thought 3D printing might offer a third way to get a Garratt. I got some AD60 drawings and pictures from the net, and running gear from two Bachmann light mountains and I made two models. The first is a passable static model and the second is the running model you can see in the video. I used Bachmann light mountain wheels which are wrong for the AD60 (the connecting rod couples to the second driver, whereas on 4-coupled Garratts the con-rod coupled to the third driver, the drivers are about 1mm too big, and the wheelbase on the pilot bogies (trucks) is about 2mm too long). The detail on the boiler is just done with 0.5mm styrene rods, and a couple of bits taken from one light mountain. It runs! But not very well, the front engine is tight (I think the gears are binding in the printed frame) and observant viewers will see that the rear engine is running faster than the front. So it needs work, but I’m happy with where it has got to. Anyway, there’s no alternative. [video=youtube_share;2SBshVp5Msk]http://youtu.be/2SBshVp5Msk[/video] (hope this video link works OK - the strange wavy bits are due to Youtube's anti-shaking software) The Bachmann 2-8-0 running gear would be more suitable for this project, it has 9mm drivers instead of 10mm and the con rod connects to the third driver. So does the Kato Mikado running gear which also has 9mm drivers, but I didn’t want to scrap any of my Mikados or 2-8-0s. The printer is a Chinese made UP! Plus (sold in the US as the Afinia, I believe), and the drawing was done in Turbocad Pro v19, whish exports the STL files which the printer’s own software reads directly. There’s a LOT of fiddly work to file the printings and get things aligned so they will work. The printed parts don’t actually have particularly good tolerances. The drawings took many hours, but the 3D drafting software lets you test it all for fit before making it. The video first shows the prototype running on the test track, then a shot of the prototype running with the motors uncovered, no pilot bogies and the engine units just joined by the frame, and then some shots of the loco running on my layout. Anyway, if there’s any interest, I can post some pics of some of the detail of the loco parts.