MODELING It's Monday, March 10th, 2014: Weekend Modeling Accomplishments

Jim Wiggin Mar 10, 2014

  1. Jim Wiggin

    Jim Wiggin Staff Member TrainBoard Supporter

    4,870
    2,617
    94
    Another weekend is done and in the books. Was it productive for you?

    A nice change of pace of late for me this past weekend where my trains took center stage and I got a lot accomplished. I started on Saturday morning heading to my club in Bloomington to help finish some work needed on our club N-Trak modules, as well as drop off a few T-Trak module kits some members had ordered. We worked on some wireing and track issues from 9:00 to noon and ran trains on all three lines to check for any stubborn spots. By noon we were able to get all manner of four axle, six axle and even a few Kato GS-4's around all three lines without any derailments or issues. Next Saturday we'll pack the modules up and get ready for our Fun Run in a few weeks. Once at home, I was able to inspect the Kato track I had ordered and picked up and started the preliminary work on my T-Trak bridge module. I finished Saturday night with a surprise of authentic German food for dinner from my sweetheart. Sunday I started assembly of my T-Trak double module kit from T-Kits. If your into T-Trak and would like a wide range of good quality module kits, look up T-Kits.com. The kits go together nice and true and are made from furniture grade, five ply Baltic Birch. I also started construction of my last T-Trak.org straight module. This is for the final module that will make the Maywood Station modules. All in all, a great and busy weekend.

    So how about you? Did you get all that you planned to get done on Friday? Club work or home layout/module work? Let us know, with an image or two if you have them. We'll come back on Friday the 14th and do it all over again. Until then, have a happy and safe week and...

    High Greens!
     
  2. GP30

    GP30 TrainBoard Member

    3,313
    1,166
    64
    Really didn't accomplish a lot. We suffered a minor financial set back, ended up having to use what little cash I had on hand for the layout shed fund to cover the costs. Life of the average working man.. too rich to know better, too poor to get ahead.

    1.I did dull-cote SD45 #4508 and reassembled it. Boxed it up and put it away. Also packed up H16-44 #820, S2 #478 and GP30 #3285.
    2.Pulled out some more freight cars I'm going to part with. I have far more boxcars than I am going to need on the next layout, can't get myself to sell any of them, however. I'll find a use for them, even if they sit in staging 364 days a year.
    3.I dug out SD9 #2126. I need to get a new bottle of CA so I can attach a few details (cut levers, breather pipe, antenna) and repaint the unit out of it's existing CP&E paint.

    Slightly train-related: I was digging in the eves of my grandmothers attic last night and located two professional-grade camera tripods that belonged to my grandpa. They were probably 50's vintage, slightly dusty but excellent condition... and solid! Glad to have them, I'll have to use them this summer. The smaller "traveler" tripod will be very handy for the new video blog I'll be starting on my YouTube Channel in the future when actual layout construction begins.
     
  3. MisterBeasley

    MisterBeasley TrainBoard Supporter

    1,089
    19
    27
    Another testament to my "southern hemisphere" modeling schedule. Friday afternoon we drove up to Sunday River, Saturday and Sunday we skied all day, and Sunday evening we had a quick dinner of leftovers and I went to bed. That's likely to be the plan for the next few weeks, too.

    Does bumping over a poorly-maintained grade crossing in Maine count as "railroading?" 'Cause that's all I've got.
     
  4. Mike VE2TRV

    Mike VE2TRV TrainBoard Member

    2,988
    3,944
    70
    I finished the first dummy SD40-2 and renumbered the second one. I also did some wiring fixes. Other than that, a pretty calm weekend.
     
  5. Kevin Anderson

    Kevin Anderson TrainBoard Member

    2,589
    3,111
    74
    Well I got a lite done. I am starting to complete all those little projects that I started. With the warmer weather my focus will start moving other directions.

    I laid a couple feet of track and finished laying the track for my narrow gauge line. Finished my coal flood loader and getting things ready for the starting of scenery. Hopefully I will be able to complete a lot more this next week.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
     
  6. rg5378

    rg5378 TrainBoard Member

    260
    0
    9
    I managed to finish the lettering on my GP-7. Now preparing it for spraying with dullcoat. Waiting for the dynamic brakes to arrive. Then I will place them and a few other details on it. Then on to the next project.
     

Share This Page