Future home of the Northern Pacific and Black Hills Ry.

badlandnp Mar 17, 2013

  1. badlandnp

    badlandnp TrainBoard Member

    3,167
    7,364
    72
    And now I have the programming track set back up. Had to do a bit of re-configuring after I bought the SB5 booster. So, I was able to do some CV's on the GS-4.....

     
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  2. badlandnp

    badlandnp TrainBoard Member

    3,167
    7,364
    72
    Spent time fixing up the wire routing on 844. It tracks much better! PIC_0354.JPG


    Then I figured out why my Exact rail wheelsets were binding on the MT trucks, and modified the truck frames a bit.
    PIC_0363.JPG PIC_0364.JPG
     
  3. badlandnp

    badlandnp TrainBoard Member

    3,167
    7,364
    72
    Working on getting a period correct NP passenger train. Now if they only had arch top windows.....
    PIC_0445.JPG

    And the new motor came in!!
    PIC_0446.JPG
     
    BoxcabE50, BNSF FAN, SP-Wolf and 2 others like this.
  4. badlandnp

    badlandnp TrainBoard Member

    3,167
    7,364
    72
    I did make a bit of progress on the NP passenger set. Don't you hate it when your Solvaset evaporates away? Got to order some now, and some satin clear as well!

    PIC_0473.JPG PIC_0474.JPG
    Since waiting on a shipment is part of the story, the new motor for the T1 is in progress, planning and fitting before assembling,
    PIC_0475.JPG PIC_0476.JPG
     
    Hardcoaler, MK, Shortround and 4 others like this.
  5. BNSF FAN

    BNSF FAN TrainBoard Supporter

    7,618
    14,559
    128
    The passenger cars are looking good Alan! (y)(y)(y)
     
    badlandnp likes this.
  6. badlandnp

    badlandnp TrainBoard Member

    3,167
    7,364
    72
    At last I have the T1 in fine form! Here's a few pics and then video's! Exciting? YES! It has been a LOOOOONG road to get this thing running, between the decoder's issues and a totally fried motor...........

    Test fitting the motor for length and flywheel setting. It fits in that narrow little spot,
    PIC_0495.JPG
    Then I added some spacers underneath and one on top to securely hold it in place. I used a tiny bit of JB weld to hold the flywheels and shaft parts together. I did scuff the shafts a bit with a file to ensure that there would be a good grip for the JB. The red 'glue' is liquid electrical tape.
    PIC_0516.JPG
    All set nd ready to solder together the wiring, It sat for a full two days before I got back to it this morning.
    PIC_0520.JPG
    Soldered together and ready for a test run, which was a success! Most gratifying!!
    PIC_0521.JPG

    And the requisite video's,





    Satisfaction at last!!
     
  7. Moose2013

    Moose2013 TrainBoard Member

    176
    458
    15
    @badlandnp

    Alan, congratulations on getting that beastie running and sounding sooo nice!
    (y)
     
    tonkphilip and badlandnp like this.
  8. badlandnp

    badlandnp TrainBoard Member

    3,167
    7,364
    72
    Thanks! It has been a loooong road. And frustrating for the price paid for the locomotive it shouldn't have been such an issue! Hopefully now I have a loco that will pull hard for years to come!!
     
    BNSF FAN, MK, tonkphilip and 3 others like this.

Share This Page