So, I have lots (about 70 bottles) of Floquil paint in the 1oz glass bottles. Most are the "Red Label" rev 2/02, some are rev 3/96, and some even older "Brown Label" that say to thin with Dio-Sol. I had used Dio-Sol to thin both the old and the newer rev paints over the years, but when I moved to Idaho, without thinking, I left all my solvents and chemicals behind. My highly coveted can of Dio-Sol was a casualty of the move that I did not realize till a year and a half later was coveted liquid gold. Over the past winter I started researching suitable paint thinners, and discovered nothing is available, however I found several recipes. The problem with these recipes is that they require chemicals not available everywhere. I found 3 recipes that seemed close to each other. 1) 38% Toluene 41% Xylene 21% Naphtha 100 2) 80% Toluene 10-15% Xylene + other ingredients 3) 40-45% VM&P Naphtha 5-10% Xylene 1-5% Ethyl Benzene 5-10% Aromatic Hydrocarbon 40-45% Light Aromatic Hydrocarbon Well, I had to do some research on Aromatic Hydrocarbons, and found that there are really only 4 used in paint thinners: Toluene (Mildly toxic symptoms such as confusion, weakness, drunken-type actions, memory loss, nausea) Xylene (Acutely toxic symptoms such as headache, dizziness, nausea and vomiting) Naphtha (Acutely toxic symptoms such as headache, dizziness, nausea and vomiting) Benzene (Carcinogenic) So, I decided I would omit the Benzene, and try a mix of mostly light aromatic hydrocarbons, and mixed up a 1oz bottle of home made Dio-Sol in this order: 40% Toluene 40% Xylene 20% VM&P Naphtha The Toluene and Xylene mixed without incident, but when I added the VM&P Naphtha (the heavy aromatic hydrocarbon) I at first observed what looks like oil being mixed into alcohol. It was more syrupy compared to the first two ingredients. I pumped the eyedropper empty/full a dozen cycles to mix the compound, and it all mixed in just fine. Even after a few hours the compound did not separate, however I have read that leaving such compounds opened will allow uneven evaporation, and the ratio of the 3 chemicals will change over time. Next came the paint test. I took a mostly dried out bottle of my most used color, Roof Brown, and scraped up a tarball from the sides of the bottle, then filled the bottle with about 1/3oz of my home made Dio-Sol, stirred it up. It dissolved everything pretty good. The paint pigment seemed somewhat coarser than brand new Floquil, however it brush painted very good. So I thinned 2 more bottles of the dried paints with similar results, and will check on them a a few weeks to verify they don't coagulate or do anything weird, and report back.