Feb 16, 2020
Doesn't the mega only have 3 UARTS total?
Its because the first set is just called serial, then it's serial 1, 2 and 3 like you don't start with pin 1 but pin 0
Ahh, yes. you are right. It has been a while since I used a mega
I only knew because I'd looked it up just a couple of days ago, I'm still very new to all of this
I believe RailCom is already working in the Command Station DCC code which should be able to be uploaded with the installer version 2.0. Let me know if you have any questions on the installer.
Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I have a mega+8266 board.
Is there a DCC++ sketch that has a Web Server so i can link directly to engine driver and run my trains directly?
I realize that i will need to connect a computer/Rpi to access the program track.
EFA Train Guy
I have an Elegoo Mega and it worked out of the box. I'll try the WiFi Mega and see what it does.[/QUOTE]
I have an Elegoo Mega and it worked out of the box. I'll try the WiFi Mega and see what it does.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]We are currently working on that solution and hopefully will have something working really soon
Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Hi Guys so I'm having an issue with the installer it loads up but then once i get to the compile and upload section it crashes everytime.
I have just tried on a 2nd windows 10 pc and same issue crashes at compile and istall stage.
Another update I went back and tried dcc++ basic and that has compiled and installed ok by the looks of things so its only the dcc++ex installer thats causing crashes for me.
Hmmm. I will try it too. Did it give you any error message, or just a crash?
Are you using a folder at the same depth in the directory tree for both? I had that problem when the folder I was using was too far down the tree. Moved things to a folder closer to the root and it worked fine.
okay so i am trying to do the dcc++ ex auto installer it downloads arduino and then fails due to the zip file being corrupted. why can't i tell it where my normal arduino software is ?
You can. The latest version has a text file that you can edit and change the path. There is something going on with that download zip which is very odd. We are testing today on a new version of the installer. I'll be testing on an Uno and Mega and Windows 10.
My guess is I don't have a command station that generates a cutout, thus the window is always open or closed, and data is always being read? On a different computer it says byte: 1. but that's a windows vs mac thing I'm guessing.
Has anyone been able to implement the cutout on the DCC++ Mega+genuino motor shield combination?
There was one person who posted a few screenshots of the RailCom cut-out being generated using the Arduino motor shield but I don't believe any code was ever posted for it.
Want to test it out for us? That is in the next version of DCC++ EX. It looks good on a scope! Lol. If you aren't already, you might want to join the discussion on Discord where we chat about the new code and our test results. This will work on the FireBox too. But a key issue is the type of motor board. A few boards won't let us short the track (like Pololu)
Pgahtow (pgahtow.de) has it in his Z21 sketch. He also has a diagram of a general global detector for his railcom. Paco's also have a diagram of a detector and a bit on railcom circuits (Paco's is mostly DIY although he is starting to include Arduino).
FlightRisk, have a look at Pgathow's build in booster. Haven't seen in previous posts that you guys mentioned the H-bridge that he is using.
yes I would like to test it out if it runs on an Arduino Mega with V3 motorshield... I think atani mentioned it should be capable of generating the cutout.
I believe it was haba
I believe I'm running that firmware now on my mega. Works just fine, but I am unable to detect a cutout using my circuit and sketch. A scope would help but I don't have acces to one.
Also, my pi sometimes loses connection with the DCC++ command station running this firmware, usually after a period of disuse.
Have just uploaded DCC-EX that's currently on github to my mega and so far it works well. Still not detecting the cutout properly but I think the code running on my nano is too basic for that.
I have not had succes compiling anything for nano with the DCC-EX-Lib. Making that nano compatible would be nice, since they're cheaper than attiny's and very capable of being railcom occupancy detectors and accesory decoders all in one, with a few added components. They could switch signal aspects and turnouts locally and would only have to provide power, which it can also get from the DCC bus if equipped with adequate boosters.
after a night of letting my Pi idle i can at least say the USB connection seems to be more reliable than haba's build.
If there's a beta with railcom integrated, gimme it!