Another hectic week around here but I did still get a few things done on the layout. Got the tracks connected on both lines between the Wesso section and the helix. This included the transition between Micro Engineering code 55 on Wesso and Atlas code 80 on the helix. Also got a coat of primer on the fascia and lighting valance that I had put up last week. Got a finish coat of my "train room trim" color on the bottom of the LED light panels for the Carlin section. Also started to wire the lighting circuit. Shown here with one cover off and the other on and the whole thing sitting on edge to do the work. The rounded notches on the bottom are for the shelf brackets to go through when this section is in place on the layout. I realize that this strays a bit from my stated goals for the party but I had been doing some house painting projects during the last week and once in that mode, just looked around the train room for anything ready to be painted. Here is the same section in it's place in the layout. Once LED lights are installed on those panels the staging yard will be lighted. It may be some time before track and scenery are started on this section but it will good to get the yard lighted. Another thing that got accomplished within the last few days was that my wife got a new laptop and gave me her old one to use as a decoder programmer that I can keep in the train room. I was able to install Decoder Pro and got it working. I know for many that would be an easy task but I am not so computer savvy and for me this was the weeks biggest accomplishment !