This project was scrapped several years ago. This was a JnJ resin shell on a LL GP20 chassis. All was fine untill I tried to build the metal...
M4D GP38-2 rapid prototype shell on an Atlas GP40-2 chassis and walkway.
M4D GP38-2 rapid prototype shell on an Atlas GP40-2 chassis and walkway. Etched fan close-up.
The completed plow, profile view.
Here you can see the removable sand bed and sifting grate.
Plow front and center.
Here you can see the scratch built plow, yoke and brackets. Note the "chain" is made from a flexible needle for beading.
I added a sifting grate on top.
Test fitting the plow blade.
The model was painted International Orange and Semi-Gloss Black.
The sand box was built using strip styrene.
Plow truck with sand box assed to dump body.
After several failed attempts, I made the plow blade using styrene tubing. Its a little thick, but its the best I can do.
Update on my IH R190 truck project. This is some chain made by twisting/braiding bead wire. The chain measures only .0014" wide.
Update on my IH R190 truck project.