Done! I used the eraser off the end of a pencil, then the alcohol in that one length of track in the video. I used the same locomotive, and was able to run it back and forth over the entire length several times without stalling or cutting out. It did stall one one end at first, but realized there was a bit of eraser stuck between the points. I even got it inching along the entire length at half the speed shown in the video. Then I ran it through the #6 turnouts, crossing my fingers... perfect! No more stalling! Thank you very much for the advise! This was bugging me quite a lot, especially now that I have no more time to work on it for the next few weeks. I'll start reading about the various track cleaning products out there.