wireless remote control for LGB-Locos (DCC++ and JMRI)

Chris99 Jun 19, 2022

  1. Chris99

    Chris99 New Member

    3
    4
    1
    I have a Playmobil / LGB model railroad, which I have digitized using DCC++ and JMRI (on a Raspberry Pi 4B).
    The wireless remote control of the locomotives is done by an ESP8266-Wemos-D1 mini device and a potentiometer!
    Power supply by a LiFePo4 cell.
    Since the whole thing should be as simple as possible, I used the ESPEasy software.
    As an extension, buttons for emergency stop, light and three turnouts and a mini display 0.68" OLED (SSD1306) with 6 lines of text were added.
    The control of the (electromagnetic) turnouts is planned, but not yet realized.
    Using the 3D printer, I also printed an appropriate housing (about the size of a paper tissue package).
    Instructions attached...

    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
     

    Attached Files:

    BigJake and Sumner like this.
  2. Sumner

    Sumner TrainBoard Member

    1,566
    2,087
    41
    Very Interesting, thanks for the work and posting. Here are a couple pictures of your work for those that don't follow your link (let me know if you want me to take them down)....

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm a little confused by the EngineDriver shot above. Are you showing the loco running on EngineDriver (left above) and then also on your throttle (right above) for comparison?

    You mentioned running on DCC++. Are you using the old original version or the completely written new version, DCC++EX? If you haven't done it I would share what you have done with the guys working on DCC++EX on their Discord channel ( HERE ).

    Again thanks for the work on this.

    Sumner
     
  3. Chris99

    Chris99 New Member

    3
    4
    1
    Hi @Sumner
    Thank you for your reaction!
    I used the Engine-Driver-App just when I configured the Arduino- and Raspberry-Software. I want to test the configuration. It worked and then I made my throttle. But I can use both today. (My throttle works with DCCppOverTcp-Sever but the Engine-Driver-APP works with WiThrottle-Server.)
    To your second question: I use the old version of DCC++ (from here: https://github.com/habazut/dcc-ardu) not DCC++EX.

    Chris
     
  4. Sumner

    Sumner TrainBoard Member

    1,566
    2,087
    41
    You should be able to go on to the new version with no problems if you wanted.

    https://dcc-ex.com/

    Much improved, especially when programming decoders but also many added features.

    I'll take a further look at your throttle solution but I think a lot of it is over my head on the software implementation side :(.

    Sumner
     

Share This Page