I finally got started on a layout... Based on Byron Henderson's San Jose Shelf Switcher, I used Kato UniTrack that I had on hand to arrive at a straightened and narrowed version of my own. I wanted two 'domino' style modules for portability and storage, so I used Siever's Benchwork (great product, great service... high prices) to build two 1' x 3' frames. I had to make the trackplan fit with the module ends, a challenge to be sure, but I was able to get it to work. The two modules fit in plastic bins under the guest bed. I've got it wired now, but am planning to rewire. I used suitcase connectors from a local hardware store... tried to make them work, but they were the wrong size for the wire gauges I'm using and failed - oops. Some of the connections were not made... shame on me for being impatient! I've ordered the correct 3M connectors from a local Fastenal store. Should see them in the next couple days and will rewire at that point. Now, before you all yell and scream... there will be a backdrop along the backside with buildings in relief, so the track is not really too close to the edge! So far it's been really fun to be off the armchair. Can't wait to get to some scenicking and operations.