Oct 28, 2009
I like the Brown color is the Violet Hill real or made up? Very nice!
Now that I have a command station with RailCom, I will be using only ESU, Zimo and TCS decoders, and will replace the two Digitrax decoders on a couple of locos that I purchased with them already installed. They ran okay on my old system, but then it didn't have RailCom either. I have installed a couple of Zimos that run very well. ESU and Zimo have extremely good motor control.
Much appreciated! It's my freelanced railroad, running between Grand Rapids and Mackinaw City, MI, on ex-Pennsy rails (hence the logo).
Hi to all
Just got a new Anycubic Mono 2 yesterday. This one works correctly. Waiting on the curing unit. I picked up some container files from Stephane (see the resources tab on TrainBoard.) Then, bought the file for "speeder and wagons" from Cults3d.com (only a few bucks). I also got a file for a speaker cabinet for an ES44 diesel. Lots to do.
Also, got 4 50 foot boxcars from Trainz- all Micro-Trains, great price, too.
after seeing so many corn fields i thought i would try printing some corn. lil bit of paint an WALA ill have a corn field soon..
I've seen a bunch of those corn fields and they aren't convincing simply because every single stalk of corn looks like every other. My thought was that if I ever bought those, or printed them, I would try to use a heat gun or something to soften them up so that I could move the leaves and stalks and they could be a little more unique. I think even a little variation would go a long way.
Airbrushing them would go a long way as well...but it would be kind of tedious work.
Congrats and tell us more unless you did on a different post that I didn't see. Sounds like you replaced the Sprog? Is it RailCom or Plus compatible (not that I know much about either)?
Funny i was thinking about that as well. making some with taller an some shorter then a bit of heat an twist them around a bit. the ones ive printed have a few that are taller and shorter. Maybe even flockum just a bit with some green turf then a touch of yellow paint drifted onto the tops...
Well, I have a Bachmann 0-6-0 here that runs well. I came across some of the Micro Trains 1100 packs that convert an Arnold 0-6-0 to a 2-6-0 and am looking at trying it on the Bachmann. Anyone else ever tried this? Any ideas and/or suggestions welcome!
Just printed off some track bumpers.
those bumpers came out nice..
I finally got some time to work on the Scenic Ridge layout. I rewired the new track sections and ran a test train around the layout for a few. Glad I did too as I discovered the input wire was actually broken. Easy fix and electrically the layout is happy. Then I took on the task of finishing the base scenery this was the single largest section I did all at one time. I have been at it for a few hours now, but it looks good… er… it will look good when the glue dries. The last thing I need to do is the water and that will be in a day or two.
All done with the ground foam and ballast. Here it has not been wetted out of glued yet.
And these are after I glued the scenery down. This looks so much better than the previous scenery.
Massey, that really is looking great, well done Sir.
Really nice work, looks great. Now, what kind of lamp/light is that attached to it? Very cool! Is it a light with a cord or batteries?
The light is just a clamp on desk lamp from WalMart. It works really well when I need light in places where light usually doesn’t exist. I have a LED bulb in it right now, the older incandescent bulbs would burn me if I bumped into them.
I had to take a small break from my current work to rest my eyes. I’m finally putting the lights in the stain station. These LEDs are tiny! The work is going good, I’m about half done.
This isn't so much on my workbench, but rather, what's on our dining table! During our winter I started to recreate the Morristown and Erie yard in Whippany NJ, in N-scale. Now that it's nearly summer, we need our dining table back, so this scene will be the start of my new layout in half of our garage. Here M&E #23 is crossing Route 10 as it leaves the Whippany yard.
Finished gluing in the tiny LEDs and then I fished all the wires through 2 holes in the bottom. Next up is soldering them all together and attaching the plug for the battery. After this is all wired up, this station will be permanently attached to the module.
Lights all glued.
Wires routed under the building.
Finished! The soldering wasn’t so bad, I was hoping to twist the ends all into one bunch but the wires didn’t want to so I soldered them into small groups, then soldered the small groups into larger groups, then soldered that to a piece of rail and then soldered the plug to the rail. A 470 ohm resistor gives the perfect amount of light. I just need to glue on the roof of the cupola, but that is currently in storage. This building will be a permanent fixture on my Rte 66 modules now.
Rail side. (Don’t worry the wire will disappear under the module)