Micro-Trains FT's

Denis F. Blake Jun 2, 2000

  1. Denis F. Blake

    Denis F. Blake TrainBoard Member

    130
    0
    20
    This is for you N scale guys out there. Micro-Trains will announce the production of EMC FT's later this month. I have contacted them and offered my help with doing SAL and even acl versions. Please support this effort by emailing Micro-Trains at MTL@Micro-Trains.com and let them know that you would like to see SAL and even ACL versions of those units.

    Thanks guys.

    Denis
     
  2. chessie

    chessie TrainBoard Supporter

    6,186
    2
    79
    I can't wait to see these units in N scale... I wonder if they will be the typical Chinese split frame design & DCC ready. Of course, being from Micro-Trains, I would not expect anything less than a quality product. Time to get those requests to M-T...

    Chessie
     
  3. Denis F. Blake

    Denis F. Blake TrainBoard Member

    130
    0
    20
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chessie:
    I can't wait to see these units in N scale... I wonder if they will be the typical Chinese split frame design & DCC ready. Of course, being from Micro-Trains, I would not expect anything less than a quality product. Time to get those requests to M-T...

    Chessie

    Don't know yet what kind of design they will have. However, you are correct, expect a quality product no matter how they are done.

    Right you are, get those requests into M-T. Hey Chessie, you have to be pulling for some B&O units, right....

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
     
  4. chessie

    chessie TrainBoard Supporter

    6,186
    2
    79
    I would be glad to see FT's for those who need them. Just as with Atlas' upcoming release of the Trainmaster in N, neither exactly fit my era, but I am glad they will become available for those who need them.

    Chessie
     
  5. Chris McDaniel

    Chris McDaniel TrainBoard Member

    123
    0
    20
    Checking my SAL diesels reference book it looks like SAL's FTs were gone by '63. That's a little early for me, but if MT produces SAL versions, I'll buy several. I'll buy more of the Atlas GP40 for SAL if they come out!

    I can always run the FTs when I'm at an N-Trak meet. Show everyone what a real railroad looked like [​IMG] !

    Look Ahead, Look South
     
  6. Denis F. Blake

    Denis F. Blake TrainBoard Member

    130
    0
    20
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris McDaniel:
    Checking my SAL diesels reference book it looks like SAL's FTs were gone by '63. That's a little early for me, but if MT produces SAL versions, I'll buy several. I'll buy more of the Atlas GP40 for SAL if they come out!

    I can always run the FTs when I'm at an N-Trak meet. Show everyone what a real railroad looked like [​IMG] !

    Look Ahead, Look South
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Well Chris, then you had better save your money for those GP40's. Cant say more than that.

    With regard to the FTs, yes, they were traded in by '63 but according to a SAL buddy of mine they remained on the SAL for a year or so after that. He mentioned that he saw one in 65 at Hamlet, still in service. They were traded into EMD on the SDP35's if I remember correctly but in some instances they were kept around for a while.

    Now, for a question regarding the FT's. Which paint scheme. The as delivered modified Citrus scheme or the regular standard SAL freight scheme? I would like to see the standard freight scheme but would like to know how others feel.

    I hear that Stewart Hobbies will be doing their FT's in SAL's standard freight scheme later this year.
     
  7. Chris McDaniel

    Chris McDaniel TrainBoard Member

    123
    0
    20
    I'd like to see the SAL standard freight scheme for the FTs. The citrus scheme would make a nice combination with Lifelike's citrus scheme E-6s coming out this summer. Overall, the standard scheme would more easily match up with my SAL RSC-2s and GP-9s.

    Look Ahead, Look South
     
  8. Denis F. Blake

    Denis F. Blake TrainBoard Member

    130
    0
    20
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris McDaniel:
    I'd like to see the SAL standard freight scheme for the FTs. The citrus scheme would make a nice combination with Lifelike's citrus scheme E-6s coming out this summer. Overall, the standard scheme would more easily match up with my SAL RSC-2s and GP-9s.

    Look Ahead, Look South
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    The advantage with the standard freight scheme, as far as the manufacturers goes, is cost. It is much cheaper to make the masks for that scheme than it would be for the Citrus scheme. Also, for you modelers, the FT's were only in the as delivered scheme for a VERY short time. There was also one set 4018,4118 that was painted in an experimental brown with gold stripes.
     
  9. chessie

    chessie TrainBoard Supporter

    6,186
    2
    79
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Denis F. Blake:
    This is for you N scale guys out there. Micro-Trains will announce the production of EMC FT's later this month.
    Thanks guys.

    Denis
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Yep, it was announced at the N scale collector's convention this weekend!

    Chessie
     
  10. Denis F. Blake

    Denis F. Blake TrainBoard Member

    130
    0
    20
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chessie:

    Yep, it was announced at the N scale collector's convention this weekend!

    Chessie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    And they have never contacted me about my offer of help. I guess I will force the issue and simply send the stuff to them. This has worked in the past.

    Denis
     
  11. Denis F. Blake

    Denis F. Blake TrainBoard Member

    130
    0
    20
     
  12. chessie

    chessie TrainBoard Supporter

    6,186
    2
    79
    Denis,
    It is great to hear that they have accepted your offer to help... I enjoy getting the most prototypically correct units for the $$

    Chessie
     

Share This Page