I've been working on several 3D printed trailers and intermodal accessories for the past few months. I have a few printed examples of the designs to show. First, here's a Trailmobile bullnose pup trailer. Pacific Intermountain Express (P-I-E) was a big user of these, but some variations of this design could be found in other carrier's fleets including Consolidated Freightways and Transcon. Here's one of the recent resin prints (left) next to the original print I made at Shapeways (right). I corrected a few errors on the model between the two prints. Originally I designed the model to use wheels and tires from A-line (foreground), but I decided to print these details myself (background). These trailers aren't intended for piggyback use, so they're more "scenery" items for a model railroad. But this container chassis is something that can be used on a flatcar. The prototype for this model is a 70s chassis built by Gindy. I like the American Limited container chassis kits when I can find them, and the Athearn chassis are nice too, but I wanted something that's inexpensive and readily available. It also helps if it fits the 70s through the 80s so with that in mind I drew this model. It's in the foreground and the American Limited model is in the background (there's also some spare tires in the photo): Here's an Athearn 20' chassis that I repainted and swapped out the wheels for some new printed wheels/tires. The detail and depth you can achieve with a printer is pretty amazing. I can't wait to see what it will be like in a couple years: Here's an undermount genset and fuel tank for reefer containers. The genset suffered from some sagging during the printing process due to inadequate interior supports of the hollow model, but that's been corrected and another round of test prints is underway. Another way to supply power to the reefer container's refrigeration unit is a clip-on genset. You can even find these mounted to reefer containers on spine or well cars, not just mounted to containers on chassis: These test prints turned out really nice, but upon closer inspection revealed a lot of revisions to be made! Fortunately that's done and soon it will be time to run the next batch of test prints.