The Bayshore Roundhouse was built around 1912. It serviced steam and diesel until it closed in 1982. It was part of the SP Bayshore Yard, which was located on the soutern border of San Francisco. Now... all that remains is the gutted brick structure. In 2001 a fire destroyed half of the 16 stalls the roundhouse had. There is talk of restoring it and making it a railroad museum. Thru the windows... in the background... is the only other remaining structure of the Bayshore Yard... the Tender Back Shop. Photos taken August 2007.