Well ok maybe a little for me as well. First of all I have been out of model railroading for about 20 years now but as my son is 2.5 years old now he really loves them so I figured I would dive back in. I am building myself an n scale layout in the basement but wanted to do something fun for my son I could put in his room so I decided on a shelf train near the ceiling. I researched a lot of different options online. I really wanted a clean look that didn't need to be supported from ceiling, didn't have huge shelf supports sticking out, etc. This in and of itself took some effort. But what I decided to was us heavy duty 2" brackets on every stud underneath the shelf. Well lets backup. I first decided that I would use 5 ft curves. I really wanted to go 8 but after discussing with the wife she felt it would stick to far out into the room and I admit it probably would have. So I decided that I would do 8" shelves in 3/4" MDF with 5 ft curves. I ripped the straight sections on a table saw and cut the curves after marking with trammel points with a jig saw. I then put all four corners up first (I used a laser level to mark the level on the wall which I highly highly recommend for this type project) then I carefully measured and inserted the straight sections in between. I used two straight metal joiners on the top of each seam to make sure everything was perfectly aligned and level and then caulked the joints, painted everything the same color as the room trim, etc. All this took around a month of a couple hours here and there (those with a 2 year old understand) It turned out really well though and last weekend I rolled a 10 lb bowling ball around it to ensure it could handle the weight and it's rock solid. I still need to put the crown molding on underneath (hiding the brackets) but figured I would get it up and going before I do so. Last weekend I did most of the foam roadbed (finished it yesterday) So now I really just need to lay track and wire it up. I am going with DCC and Prodigy Advanced 2. I have purchased the first locomotive for it (Bachmann Spectrum Climax) and a couple cars. My goal realistically is to have it running by the end of March and then finished with all the crown molding, etc by end of April. I'll keep this thread updated as I go. Let me know what you think!