Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brokemoto View Post
    I meant where do you buy the caboose kits? Still, thank you for the offer of the decals. If I can find some caboose kits, I will take you up on the decal offer. Thank you!
    Tony is the manager of a LHS. He ordered some for us several months ago. They are just now starting to trickle in. I believe that we waited about 6 months.

Try JnJ trains directly. Don't know if he has any kits that are not spoken for.
    www.jnjtrains.com
    Bigsix

Quote Originally Posted by skipgear View Post
    Actually, I think John got his words turned around. I gave him both JPG, EPS, and Corel Vector images to work with. At the time he did not have Corel to print directly from so we were worried if the EPS or JPG conversion would be satisfactory. He has Corel now so the only limiting factor will be the quality the printer can produce.
    For those that don't have Corel and don't want to make the investment, Inkscape is a free open source alternative. So far it's handled .eps files fine for me.

I don't see a photo on the JnJ site, can someone post an image of the caboose here please?

Check the Baltimore & Ohio site on this board. The Jan- Feb 2008 issue of N- Scale magazine has a great article by Greg Jones on how to assemble this kit.
    Bigsix

Here is a naked picture of one. All it needs is a few decals....hint hint John.

There are more construction shots of it in my caboose album:

N Scale Cabooses - RailImages.com

I'm hoping that about a dozzen of those caboose kits are on their way to our shop. I have had them on Backorder from JNJ for over a year now. The caboose shown in the picture above is a test shell that I was sent to be able to get the decals right.

BTW - there may be some test shots of the decals by next week. Next time you see the caboose above, it may be lettered.
    Tony Hines

New Railimages Album: http://www.trainboard.com/railimages...r/4676/cat/500
    Abraham Lincoln - "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by skipgear View Post
    Here is a naked picture of one. All it needs is a few decals... Next time you see the caboose above, it may be lettered.
    That's the goal!

The finished decals look awsome! The quality is really amazing. Under a magnifying glass, you can read the data printing. The curves are very smooth. The vectors worked better than I had expected.

The proofs are completed. After a "once over", they should be ready to run.

:-)

Oh....I forgot to add....

The resolution is 1200 pdi. Absolutely crisp. FAR superior to traditional silkscreening.

That caboose may just be the ticket for me to begin to model the B&O. Saw so many of them at the rear of a train when I was a kid. They were so uniquely B&O. Will decals be available commercially?

Quote Originally Posted by Inkaneer View Post
    Will decals be available commercially?
    Yeah....we're going to make them available to people. I got some commercial decal paper, and if the proof sheets function well, then I do a run of them.