Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    In the search box, type sized and search.

This will find all of the "sized" images produced by the old RailImages that you no longer need.

When it is finished, it will show you all the files it found.

Click once to select one of them, and then hit Ctrl + A to select them all.

Then, hit the delete button to get rid of them.
    TrainBoard Attached Thumbnails TrainBoard Attached Thumbnails htthelp04.jpg  

Frisco N Scale - Frisco Archive - Small signatures are good signatures - Support TrainBoard - Instagram: FriscoCharlie

Blog Entries
    After you have deleted all of the sized images, hit the button that says Back and we are going to repeat the process with different search terms.

Repeate the process several times to search for and delete the following terms:
    • thumb
    • highlight
    • txt
    • .dat
    • .html
    These are all files that may be present in your directory that need to be deleted from your computer. They will not hurt your computer but you do not need them, and for uploading to the new RailImages, you can have a clean directory of all of your original sized images.

In fact, you can open Windows Explorer and look at this directory to make sure that all you have in that directory are your original images.

Frisco N Scale - Frisco Archive - Small signatures are good signatures - Support TrainBoard - Instagram: FriscoCharlie

Blog Entries
    If you do not have sub-albums, you can skip this post. If you do have sub-albums, read it.

Back to Paul's album (see attached photo) and we notice that he has sub-albums.

The URL's of these albums are what we are after here.

Let's take the first one from that image. Paul calls it Layout Tour but that does not tell us the URL.
    TrainBoard Attached Thumbnails TrainBoard Attached Thumbnails htthelp05.jpg  

Blog Entries
    As I mouseover the album and look in the Status Bar at the bottom of my browser, I see the URL of the album (see attached photo).

But, note that the URL is http://www.railimages.com/gallery/album117 and that is the URL to the page on RailImages that will display the content.

In reality, the photos are stored at thie URL: http://www.railimages.com/albums/album117

You have to change gallery in the URL to albums in order to get the URL where you will bulk download the photos.

You have to repeat the entire process for each sub-album that you have on the old RailImages in order to download it to your computer.
    TrainBoard Attached Thumbnails TrainBoard Attached Thumbnails htthelp06.jpg  

Blog Entries
    I realize that to many of you this will look like a long, complicated, and tentative process but it is not. This is really quite simple and this program can (if you follow the directions) download your album in short order, and the additional steps that you need to take will also take only minutes.

Then, you have a fresh copy of you old RailImages album.

Please
    • Review carefully your images before uploading to the new site.
    • After double-checking to make sure you got everything, let us know you are done and we will delete your old album(s) to free up space on the server for even more photos.
    Thanks,

Charlie

Blog Entries
    I GOTTA try THAT!
    I have not been a big image hound lately, since I don't have time to swap them over... This may be the ticket!
    Thanks!

Defy Gravity--Ship Rio Grande
    My Rail Images Album
    My Trainboard Albums
    "What you run to in your time of need has become your god" --Anonymous

Looks to be Macintosh compatable for earlier OSX versions, like through 10.3, but didnt see a version for my PPC running V10.4.6 or the intel duo versions.

One thing I didn't see mentioned, just so people are aware: I believe the railimages software will reuse image names under different albums.

So, if you have two albums, or sub-albums: mybum, and mybum1 You may find two different images, but with the same name. For example:

mybum/aab.jpg and mybum1/aab.jpg

Charlie can verify, but I think I ran into this while using wget to download my images. Since there were duplicate image names, I couldn't cut/paste them into a single folder on my local machine.

Just a heads up

Tim

Blog Entries
    Yes, you would need to rename them in that instance and I know that software is available to mass rename files as well. We use a piece of software at work that does that, although I am not the one that needs to use it so I do not recall the name of it but I do not think it is freeware - although I think there is freeware software available to do mass renaming.

Perhaps someone will have that information handy. If not, I will try to look tomorrow.

Charlie

Blog Entries
    Yikes, I have 12 subalbums, and some of those have multiple subalbums...
    This could take a while..

Defy Gravity--Ship Rio Grande
    My Rail Images Album
    My Trainboard Albums
    "What you run to in your time of need has become your god" --Anonymous