Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BNSF Testing??

Post BNSF Testing??

I have applied for a Conductor Trainee position and was told to show up for a entry level exam/test. What is this? What does the test consist of?

Thanks.

i dont know, but it might be just to test your english and math skills... im only guessing tho.
    good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction

it is one of those stupid personalty tests. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hello Everyone!

My name is Mark. I have applied for numerous conductor's positions in the past at BNSF and always got the thanks but no thanks response. Yesterday however, I received an email response from BNSF about my latest application. It said that it would require the entry level test/exam. The test is on the 18th (not much notice) and I would have to buy airfare and take two days off from work to attend. I know I have to go if I'm serious about the position. I was just wondering if there are many applicants competing for just one position and what are my chances at this level of the process? I would appreciate any additional information regarding this matter.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mohave_Sun; December 9th, 2006 at 06:45 PM.

Many times you see 100-150 people for 10-15 spots, but they may open more classes for the group.
    Adam
    PRB, 400 million tons of coal can't be wrong.

It is a personality test. It is kind of like what a police officer or fireman would take. As far as how many people applied, there were probably hundreds of applications submitted. The HR will go through these ap's and just look at them and not going too depp yet. Only a portion will get the invite to take the test and depending on your score is how deep they will get into your background. They only go back 7 years on your background of employment. Of course NO felonies or stuff of that nature. They will also do a hair folical test for drugs. They go back as far as 1 year I believe. Help this helps you all.

Quote Originally Posted by BNSFBiggs View Post
    They will also do a hair folical test for drugs. They go back as far as 1 year I believe. Help this helps you all.
    So if you have had a shady past, shave your head!:huh:
    The only thing I want with "CSX" on it is my paycheck

LOL...I do shave my head! I guess that brings-up another question. Can they use hair from other parts of the body...lol? I won't have any problem passing the drug or back-ground check. I currently work in health care and it requires a clean past. Oh yeah, thanks for answering my questions quys!

I saw a black man with a shaved head go through the testing and they took hair for this under-arm!!!! :omg: :omg:

have a positive attitude. Don't lie or "shade" anything on your resume and application. Be prepared to substantiate any of your claims on your
    C.V. and application, ie, if you say you went to college, be prepared to
    show your transcripts. If you were in the military, be prepared to show
    your D.D. 214(proof of military service). Above all, do not have a D.U.I
    within 5 years or whatever the term of your current license is, it is better that you dont have a D.U.I at all! If you can't be available for
    work 24/7/365 dont even THINK of applying or even give any indication
    that you dont like that idea. The railroad H.R. wonks can quite literally
    "smell" those thoughts on you.

Break a leg!!!

Charlie