Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi all, Here is what I have been doing whilst Recuperating from my illness. Spent many hours just sitting at a table making this lot. Now "Thank God" I can now get on with making the railroad again as I feel alot better now.

Paul

Beautiful stuff there Paul. I have seen most of them before but like the way you posted them together this time.

Blog Entries

Talking

I really like the appearance of that little yellow critter! Any chance for a couple of close in views? Some background on it?

:D

Boxcab E50

Books & More For Sale: http://www.train-orders.com/RLD.html
    N Scale For Sale: http://www.train-orders.com/NFS.html

Railroadiana, RR photos & more- Please visit my TRAIN ORDERS web site!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying!" "The handyman's secret weapon- Duct Tape!" (Red Green)
    - (#1,10,11,15)-
    (GEC-ES #12, 18, 25, 51, 55, 64, 67 ,68, 79, 89, 90, 93, 110, 119, 127, 132)
    Do you issue Model Railroad passes? Let's trade!

Paul,
    As you know me, I'm interested in the "sidewinder" with over all cab! What did you use to make him from an all? I'm interested to know, nice little 2 cynlinder Shay! [img]graemlins/097.gif[/img] Keep up the GREAT work!

Blog Entries

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Ship IT on the FRISCO!
    photo albums , weblog , YouTube , HCD Society

Catch us on Facebook!

Thumbs up

Paul, my friend, you really know how to make a comeback to Trainboard!!! Those are prime examples of modeling! I am glad that you have recouperated and look forward to a new layout!

Happy railroading!

Russ
    "The Silver Rails are a Demanding Mistress" - Johnny Trains

Originally posted by 7600EM_1:
    Paul,
    As you know me, I'm interested in the "sidewinder" with over all cab! What did you use to make him from an all? I'm interested to know, nice little 2 cynlinder Shay! [img]graemlins/097.gif[/img] Keep up the GREAT work!
    Thanks kind people,

For the "Sidewinder" cab I used 1/8" by 1/16" for the main uprights, and plain 1/4" by 1/16" stripwood for the rest of it. The roof is a piece of Brass sheet I covered with wood. I used the Brass to add a little more weight to the shay.
    Thanks for asking.
    Paul

Paul,
    Nice work! I am also wondering what you used as the Shays frame. the gearing an all.... Is that a MDC kit frame with On30 gauge wheels? Very interesting! :D Can't wait for more of all this!

Hi John,
    Sorry to say this but the shay is an Bachmann 0n30 with all it top cut away. I re-did all the pipework back inside once I had the thing stripped down. The rest of the body was as I stated above.

Cheers friend.
    Paul

All I can say is, anything you post Paul is gonna get my attention immediately... you are a GOD in railroad building IMHO, and I am staggered by the quality of your stuff. Pity I cant spend a few hours (years?) picking your brain to try and at least acquire the concepts, if none of the skill, of your techniques.
    The Fictitious and Fanciful Railroad