Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Code 55 turnout availability?

I am looking for some code 55 turnouts for my layout and I am having trouble finding anything in stock. I think I am going to use ME flex track and would probably be looking at either ME or Atlas for turnouts. The only ones I seem to find are #10. I am thinking of #6 and making my own using a Fast Tracks fixture and parts. Any thoughts?
    Love my custom avatar, first photo I ever took of a locomotive. Get your custom avatar by supporting the TrainBoard.

Good luck finding anything atlas! You should, go with micro or peco. Or build your own...

Anyone else notice the date on the original post in this thread??

Sent from my Commando
    Very much loosely based in Montana, freelanced all the way...Someday I just might keep it real..

It says 3.20pm Today, any significance?
    Ted (Teditor) Freeman
    From The Land Down Under

Hmm. Weird. When I first saw it, its said 5/19/1982... Must have been a glitch somewhere in cyber space.

Sent from my Commando
    Very much loosely based in Montana, freelanced all the way...Someday I just might keep it real..

That's what I was thinking about with Atlas. I have been out of the loop so to speak with Atlas and assumed they are still struggling to get inventory? Micro Engineering seems to be out of stock everywhere as well and Peco just seems expensive. Does any one have an opinion on the Fast Tracks fixture for N scale?
    Love my custom avatar, first photo I ever took of a locomotive. Get your custom avatar by supporting the TrainBoard.

Blog Entries
    There have been a few offered for sale in our TrainBoard Swap Meet forum. Have you explored that area for possibilities?
    Books & More For Sale: http://www.train-orders.com/RLD.html N Scale For Sale: http://www.train-orders.com/NFS.html

Railroadiana, RR photos & more- Please visit my TRAIN ORDERS web site!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying!" "The handyman's secret weapon- Duct Tape!" (Red Green)
    - (#1,10,11,15)-
    (GEC-ES #12, 18, 25, 51, 55, 64, 67 ,68, 79, 89, 90, 93, 110, 119, 127, 132, 136, 138, 144)
    Do you issue Model Railroad passes? Let's trade!

I have looked through the swap meet and not really found much. I would prefer to buy a bunch at one time as I am thinking in the neighborhood of 50 or more. I need 34 just for my layout and then a bunch for staging yard. If I build them that will occupy a lot of my time and save me a good deal of cash. Plus I figure I can get them just the right size. I will continue to look through the swap meet since I need so many I figure it will work out for all involved.

It is highly unlikely that you will find a single lot of the quantity that you need and I don't think Atlas will have them available for several months; maybe even a year or more. Good luck with your search.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    It is highly unlikely that you will find a single lot of the quantity that you need and I don't think Atlas will have them available for several months; maybe even a year or more. Good luck with your search.
    I agree. Given the enduring shortage of Atlas c55, locating such a quantity would be getting close to miraculous. Picking them up one or two, here and there, is likely the only hope until more come in country. And even so, with the pent up demand, those may disappear so fast as to be scary.
    Books & More For Sale: http://www.train-orders.com/RLD.html N Scale For Sale: http://www.train-orders.com/NFS.html

Railroadiana, RR photos & more- Please visit my TRAIN ORDERS web site!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying!" "The handyman's secret weapon- Duct Tape!" (Red Green)
    - (#1,10,11,15)-
    (GEC-ES #12, 18, 25, 51, 55, 64, 67 ,68, 79, 89, 90, 93, 110, 119, 127, 132, 136, 138, 144)
    Do you issue Model Railroad passes? Let's trade!

Quote Originally Posted by BoxcabE50 View Post
    Given the enduring shortage of Atlas c55, locating such a quantity would be getting close to miraculous. Picking them up one or two, here and there, is likely the only hope until more come in country. And even so, with the pent up demand, those may disappear so fast as to be scary.
    Wonder if this place still has any left?