Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Red face ANOTHER WARREN BUFFET QUESTION

Sorry if this is a tired subject, but, do any TB members know exactly what model RR club he belongs to ? Or does he not ? What an oddity it would be to belong to a MRR club an have Buffet as a member who's a ' realroarder ' ( my little name for the 1:1 guys ) and, has no problem paying club dues..!! Dang, if I were he I'd just hop on the real one and or buy, refurbish, and run a large steam engine like 3751...1:1 scale model railroader !!

Mark, I think that even someone like Warren Buffet would get frustrated very quickly from all the red tape if he tried to run his personal 1:1 scale engine out on the main line, even on the BNSF which he owns a huge part of. Even folks like Buffet have to play by the rules most of the time.
    Hank....I may have to Grow Old, but I Never have to Grow UP!!!

Mark,

Warren Buffet's Berkshire-Hathaway Group owns 99.99% of BNSF, and has cash to be paid to those 110 or so shares of old CB&Q stock that has never been turned in(even under BN). Warren Buffet looks for good companies with management he feels comfortable with. He like the BNSF management and is usually a 'hands off' investor because of that. Seeing the massive capital imprement projects BNSF has planned for this year, there appears to be no ownership throttling the spending at this company!
    I doubt if he ever owned a model train, and looks at BNSF as just another good investment.

Jim
    Modeling the the Milwaukee Road in SW Wisconsin - In the 50\'s!

He may not be able to afford his dues if Obama raises his taxes!

Blog Entries
    I don't think Mr. Buffet has time for a Model Railroad Club, real railroads keep him busy, along with his other operations. Lets keep the tax and other political comments for another forum.

Jim's Railroad Blog.

My RailImage Album

It's a Jeep/Geep thing, you wouldn't understand.

I saw a news article some time back that Mr. Buffet is involved with model trains. For those without humor, a laxitive should cure it.

Believe that if you read the heading to this forum it more or less says general info related to model railroading. Mr. Buffet has or collects some model trains, he's chosen to make his life political, this seems to me to be connected.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by retsignalmtr View Post
    I saw a news article some time back that Mr. Buffet is involved with model trains. For those without humor, a laxitive should cure it.
    Really? Wow, I'm like one of the most easy going mods. I'm well aware that Mr. Buffet is involved with model trains, I was posting in response to your statement regarding Obama and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    Believe that if you read the heading to this forum it more or less says general info related to model railroading. Mr. Buffet has or collects some model trains, he's chosen to make his life political, this seems to me to be connected.
    Yes, I have read the title head and yes I'm aware of the affinity of model trains by Buffett. I'm also aware of his political life, however we can still discuss the subject as listed in the title thread. Comments on the possibility of Obama raising taxes is just inviting a political debate that will soon go far from the subject thread.

It's just a friendly reminder guys, calm down. Coming from Illinois and after spending a year in NJ/NY area, I seriously doubt I'm the one who needs humor or a laxative.

Now, back to the subject. Yeah the gentleman models with trains, however I don't think he has time or wants to be in a model railroad club. I could be wrong, I'm a man enough to acknowledge that, but someone of his stature might find belonging to a local train club kind of a hassle. I can imagine people bugging him with questions or questioning him on his tactics. Famous people, be it actors, politics, stage, what have you, have a completely different social life. Sometimes not by choice. Again, could be wrong, but he has to have a crazy schedule. Would love to see his collection, bet there are a lot of BN and BNSF in it!
    Last edited by Jim Wiggin; April 28th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

Jim's Railroad Blog.

My RailImage Album

It's a Jeep/Geep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by retsignalmtr View Post
    He may not be able to afford his dues if Obama raises his taxes!
    Seeing as Buffet designed the tax proposal for Obama I doubt he's worried about it.
    Karl-
    CEO of the Skally Line, an Eastern MN Shortline

Blog Entries
    Folks- Lets get back to Buffett and his real or model trains. Any politics belong on another site, not here on TrainBoard. Otherwise the topic discontinues.

BoxcabE50
    TrainBoard Administrator
    Books & More For Sale: http://www.train-orders.com/RLD.html N Scale For Sale: http://www.train-orders.com/NFS.html

Railroadiana, RR photos & more- Please visit my TRAIN ORDERS web site!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying!" "The handyman's secret weapon- Duct Tape!" (Red Green)
    - (#1,10,11,15)-
    (GEC-ES #12, 18, 25, 51, 55, 64, 67 ,68, 79, 89, 90, 93, 110, 119, 127, 132, 136, 138)
    Do you issue Model Railroad passes? Let's trade!