View Poll Results: Which statement describes your present opinion?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am likely to buy any special run just to support TrainBoard and get a rare car

40 21.86%
  • I might buy one but price would be super-important

10 5.46%
  • I might buy one but the railroad represented and car style would have to appeal to me

125 68.31%
  • I am more likely to buy a 10 year old fruitcake

8 4.37%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Question TrainBoard Special Run - Thread #1

N Scalers,

TrainBoard is working with Micro-Trains in regard to a special run project. We are not talking about a car that says "TrainBoard," but most likely a fallen flag item (something real). We are not sure whether it will be a boxcar (most likely), tank car, etc.

We are open to suggestions. Do not post them here, you can e-mail if you like using the Contact Us link. We know some of you folks will have some very interesting suggestions.

We would like to get some ideas from you as to what your interest would be. Please read the poll question and respond if there is an answer that seems right for you. We will use the tabulated results from the poll. Comments posted here will not be added to the totals.

Price: The price would be on par with other special runs that are offered by other people that work with Micro-Trains to offer them. They are a little more expensive than regular Micro-Trains products. For TrainBoard, this would be a fundraiser so we need to make a little profit and we would accept pre-orders plus shipping (with tracking number shipping being mandatory).

Payments could be made once a product is announced through PayPal, or a check could be mailed. Most people regard us as honest so we are not going to steal anyone's money and not deliver a product.

Again, this project is in its infancy. This announcement is preliminary and we ask you to answer the poll question.

Thanks folks,

Charlie
    Last edited by E-8; April 3rd, 2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Frisco N Scale - Frisco Archive - Small signatures are good signatures - Support TrainBoard - Instagram: FriscoCharlie

This sounds like a great way to support Trainboard!!
    "In every walk with N scale one receives far more than he seeks" - John Muir

im game most likely. Got to support the best train site on the net!

Blog Entries
    Looks like the case of fruitcakes I bought may have been a bad purchase.

Frisco N Scale - Frisco Archive - Small signatures are good signatures - Support TrainBoard - Instagram: FriscoCharlie

I'll take a fruitcake with my model.....

Ship and travel Santa Fe.....all the way!
    Copyright 2008 Jerry DeBene

Blog Entries
    Everybody should want a fruitcake. They come in quite handy as door stops and paperweights.
    Books & More For Sale: http://www.train-orders.com/RLD/RLD.html N Scale For Sale: http://www.train-orders.com/NFS.html

Railroadiana, RR photos & more- Please visit my TRAIN ORDERS web site!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying!" "The handyman's secret weapon- Duct Tape!" (Red Green)
    - (#1,10,11,15)-
    (GEC-ES #12, 18, 25, 51, 55, 64, 67 ,68, 79, 89, 90, 93, 110, 119, 127, 132, 136, 138, 144)
    Do you issue Model Railroad passes? Let's trade!

Slice it, stick some MTL trucks on 'em with low pro wheels for my code 55 track, and I'll finally get a string of PFE (Pacific Fruitcake-Groaners Express) reefers!

I'm down as long as it fits transision era.

Delamaize
    Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "the prarie line" (still in planning stages)

I would like to support Trainboards effort by purchasing a car... or even a series of cars. But, as most of the respondants have voted... the car style and (more particular to me) the era is most important. I'd gladly buy a series of boxcars which would have run during the 1940's thru 1960's... but I would not buy a modern tank car... even though I like tank cars.
    Grandpa "Joe",
    Burlington Rio Grande & Pacific
    A fictitious precursor to the
    BN merger and Amtrak

Zephyrs Through the Rockies.

Rail Images Album: http://www.trainboard.com/railimages...name/calzephyr

What's wrong with a Trainboard car? Anything else might be too specialized for the general market and why do it if it doesn't say "TB" somehow? Seems an insider's thing.