Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: They're Here!

Blog Entries
    Exactly. Heritage isn't defined in the dictionary such that only an exact paint scheme would qualify. This is a throwback paint scheme. And while I think it looks good, I think it was silly since NS still has units it never repainted from their conrail colors. What was the point? I also think Penn Central is a dumb choice. Why would we want a reminder of one of the biggest corporate mistakes of the 20th century?

Blog Entries
    I would love to see what BNSF would do to make a GN scheme on a model GE widecab, the NP Lowey scheme, and SP&S. CB&Q would look great on a GE as well.
    Whoever took over BC Rail could do the green scheme on a widecab GE. I think that would look sweet.

Defy Gravity--Ship Rio Grande
    My Rail Images Album
    My Trainboard Albums
    "What you run to in your time of need has become your god" --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by HemiAdda2d View Post
    I would love to see what BNSF would do to make a GN scheme on a model GE widecab, the NP Lowey scheme, and SP&S. CB&Q would look great on a GE as well.
    Whoever took over BC Rail could do the green scheme on a widecab GE. I think that would look sweet.
    Cascade Green would be cool also...Not to mention some Warbonnets in fresh paint .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiAdda2d View Post
    I would love to see what BNSF would do to make a GN scheme on a model GE widecab,
    It's called BNSF Heritage 1. Honestly, unless they do Big Sky, a GN heritage scheme would be a kick in the traction motors. A BN scheme would have the same problem as Conrail. They never finished repainting the old units so why even waste the time?

For BNSF, i'd like frisco, burlington, NP and ATSF non-bonnet.

Also, they should do them on EMDs, GEs can suck it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro Red Line View Post
    Then it shouldn't even be a "heritage" scheme...It's like when sports teams wear old versions of their jerseys -- throwback jerseys. So this should actually be a "throwback" scheme!
    YOU worry about the definitions- I'll go chase these locomotives down for pics.

As for those who criticize NS's choices, feel free to contact them directly- to be honest, it's a kick to see old schemes on new diesels in real life, be they EMD or GE.

Ship IT on the FRISCO!
    photo albums , weblog , YouTube , HCD Society

Catch us on Facebook!

:tb-biggrin: http://www.facebook.com/norfolksouth...type=3&theater
    Southern and N&W!!!!!
    Therefore being justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    -Romans 5:1

Quote Originally Posted by YoHo View Post
    It's called BNSF Heritage 1. Honestly, unless they do Big Sky, a GN heritage scheme would be a kick in the traction motors. A BN scheme would have the same problem as Conrail. They never finished repainting the old units so why even waste the time?

For BNSF, i'd like frisco, burlington, NP and ATSF non-bonnet.

Also, they should do them on EMDs, GEs can suck it!
    I will put in a vote for a Fort Worth & Denver / Colorado & Southern unit. A big SD70ACe painted black with "Q" accents and the two old-school circle logos from the two subsidiaries. I really don't have a good concept yet for it but if BNSF does Heritage units, a FW&D/C&S unit has to be done.

Hot damn that Southern unit looks fantastic! Here's hoping it heads up the Rathole so we can see it here in Cincinnati !

This might get me modeling a Modern coal drag....LOL

HHHMMMMMM. NS had its turn. OOOHHHHHH CCCPPPPP RRAIIILLL. cough cough D&H. cough cough oh excuse me lol. well CP has one step further than NS, and that is originals.