Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Weekend Photo Fun, February 17, 2012

This is an old one from a year ago. The backdrop is an image I took two years ago while skiing along the old D&RG Tennessee Pass Line. I am back this year skiing along more of the abandoned right of way so should have more material for making new scenes in the future. Well, anyway there is the Galloping Goose again.
    Russell Straw, Sugar Land Route

I finally finished my second RS-32 for the NYC. I made a few changes while building this loco, I painted the white frame stripe and masked it before the black paint as I did not like the decaled frame stripe I did on the first unit. Added all the detail parts from Cal-Scale and lettered the loco with Microscale Decals. Also added some other things like the Builder's Plate and Trust plate on the Frame.

Thanks for looking!

Rick J
    Rule 1: This is my railroad.
    Rule 2: I make the rules.
    Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome, but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!:eyeroll:

Blog Entries
    It took me months to do this scene. It was Shorpy's help, with all the great images on that site, that helped me picture this in my mind. I'm pleased with it.

A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to rouse the interest, but long enough to cover the essentials.

Beautiful pictures! Nice work everyone.

This scene is still a work in progress so really a Weekend Photo Update...Extra 4104 East from Tadanac. Lots and lots of trees still to add.

md

Blog Entries
    WOW Mark !!! That looks fantastic !!!!
    A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to rouse the interest, but long enough to cover the essentials.

Very cool scenes, everyone.
    Really dig that grade crossing, Candy_Streeter, and great expanse of water before the bridge, Mark: makes for great photos.

My Phriday Photo: Turn-of-the-Century "autorack" delivers everything but the horsepower to Mt. Coffin, while the boxcab brings a string of reefers to chill everyone out on my
    N scale Mt. Coffin & Columbia River layout:

Keep up the great modeling & photos!

limited opportunity's at the club for photos right now because of all the renovation work. so here are some older photos.

UP SD7 #455 idles away at the Hruman Junction Oil refinery. It was due to pickup some empty tankers but the refinery crews are still unloading the final tanker. In another half an hour or so (you can't trust those estimates the guys give you!) this engine will return to Taylor yard with the tank cars.

In Thompson Canyons, a UP manifest has stopped at a signal. At the rear of the train, business executives are enjoying the scenery.

At Barclay, a MOW crew on a handcar has sat the handcar aside to go to lunch. The smell of fresh baked bread drifts in from the bakery to the left, and Amtrak #4, the Southwest chief, prepares to depart.

Again at the Hruman Junction oil refinery, one of UP's Veranda Turbines and a GP9B are slowing for their arrival at Taylor yard.
    Modeling Santa Fe circa the mid 50's on the La Junta Sub. and the C&S up clear creek circa 1900/1935

Great pics, all!
    You can't tell, but that's a mars light on the lead F7. The CB&Q F is the first engine I got from my Dad 47 years ago in a Tyco train set at Christmas.

Terry in NW Wisconsin

Just been weathering some cars this week.

Running Bear

Managing director of the Midland Gulf Railway.

Running Bear

Managing director of the Midland Gulf Railway.