Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Paper and Card Structures

With the cost of structures today I am looking to contact modelers who are creating paper and card structures with there computer I use the ModelBuilder program and for foreground structures I have cut some up to create a board by board construction with very nice results I am looking to farther promote and explore the use of paper structures and exchange Ideas as well as models with others Perhaps with enough interest we could start a forum page where other modelers could see our progress and share our interest If anybody thinks this is a good Idea Please contact me here Thanks Paul

Very good idea Paul, I have been interested in this but just starting with this medium. I have some military kits from Microtrains in N made from cardstock and have just about finished the first one. I am stuck on the roof though as I don't like the one that came with the kit. Been looking online for some suitable shingles to print out. I have also downloaded some free kits from scalescenes to try as soon as I can get some more cardstock. I'm sure there are modelers out there with experience to share.

Hi,

Here is a link for some FREE buildings

They are in HO but can be reduced or enlarged as needed using your printer.

Gary
    N Scale the Normal Scale© Greenbriar Delta & Rutland web site So many projects, so little time, The GD&R on TrainBoard. My other interests.

Here's couple from 1975 - way before computers. Dad scratchbuilt these from heavy card stock and some bits of other materials. He painstakingly scribed plank lines, bricks, shingles and other details with a ruler and a crochet needle, then hand painted everything, often with Mom's help (she was a pretty good artist).

It kept him busy and I was happy with my trains. :D
    TrainBoard Attached Thumbnails TrainBoard Attached Thumbnails S3297_Model_RR_V2_OC75_small.jpg   S3300_ModelRR_V2_RF16_Engine_House_small.jpg  
    I want that one, and that one, and that one...

Blog Entries
    For some knock-your-socks-off work using paper, matte board, and balsa wood, check out http://coastline.no13.se/, and his Facebook page if you use Facebook. Unbelievable what this guy can do.

Here are some building flats I made with photos & added some signs & doors to them. I printed them on card stock, cut them out, trim away the background. You can mount them right on your backdrop or add a stiff backing to the card stock to make a stand-alone scene. ( The gas station-cafe is a old "Yellow Box mat-board modern RR station kit-bashed into the Hawk Point Skelly Gas Station-Cafe)

Here is a picture of a cardstock power plant-

Here are links to the railimages files for printing out the plant. You can download these and size them to your scale or available space.
    http://www.trainboard.com/railimages.../brickpapr.JPG
    http://www.trainboard.com/railimages...48/dynamos.JPG

And here is an isometric diagram how to put it together.

You have to come up with your own smokestacks.

Here is the power plant made into a flat background building. Also a brick wall I made for a feed mill.