Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    . The plastic in these Bachmann cars is perfect for bashing.It carves well with both hand and power tools and does not clog up your burrs at low speed.It is flexible enough to stand some pretty rough handling and doesn't scratch easily.It sands well with not to much airborne dust around.There is a warning on the box however so a good mask and other safety stuff would be advised ,especially when working indoors.I should have no problem working with this stuff at all.

.l

.This door on the set is open so I cut it out with the Xacto knife and plastic cutter thingy.In this era did the doors open inward or outward ? I wonder....maybe I can find a frame from the movie that will tell me.....

.The fellow who owned "The General" kit many years ago had already painted up the base so I am using it here to sit the old coach on with the railway tracks running through the middle.Judging by the distance between the old coach's original floor and the rail ,there are no wheels at all on it but it is only resting on the track.Cool idea because right away you know that this flick is about a railway.
    I opened up another hole on prop side because there was a little room built off to the side next to a brick wall which is part of the shack.
    On the set side I will have to open another large hole and move the car's wall outward to become part of the shack's wall.Clear as mud right ! Well I hope to get this done tomorrow and a pic posted when finished.I temporarily put in the WC and wood stove to see how it looks.

.Some of my buds online have expressed an interest in seeing this Movie.If you do be sure to get the original 3 hour letterbox edition.Hollywood made a two hour version and hacked it to death.Better still see it on the wide screen to get the full impact of the cinematography.
    Don't even bother wasting time on the 2 hour Hollywood version,it is like viewing half a painting and then trying to understand whats going on.

/

/