I'm just about to begin ground breaking for my garden rail road. Due to the terrain of my landscape I'm faced with some grade challenges. I think I have a good schematic that will permit me to run my track with up to a 5% grade in some places without needing to move a lot of earth. I obviously don't want to overload my locomotives and while I have been told that many of these can pull 200 cars, I'm sure that's not true for pulling them up a steep grade. So what's the max grade you would recommend considering the following applications:
All USA Trains locomotives
- Big Boy pulling 30 PFE's and center cupola caboose
- F3 ABBA pulling 10 Streamliners
- F3 ABA pulling 10 Streamliners
- 3 SD-70's (2 lashed up front and one trailing) pulling 15 modern tankers and 15 4 bay hoppers.
Aristocraft locomotives and USA Trains rolling stock
- 4 Dash-9's (3 lashed up front and one trailing) pulling 25 double stacked intermodals.
- 4 Dash-9's (3 lashed up front and one trailing) pulling 30 box cars and reefers (40', 50', and 60' models)
- 2 Dash-9's and 2 GP-40's (all lashed together) pulling 15 modern tankers and 15 4 bay hoppers.
Thanks in Advance,