Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Now theres a pretty sweet pond, I love the look the foam gives it. Like there are plants growing in it. The fisherman/hiker and trail are a nice touch too.

OP, I would plant vegetation to the edge of your underwater green color and call it good personally. Its location looks more like a neglected drainage ditch between the rails than a true pond anyhow. Algea growing in with the plants and a brown muddy bottom. :shade:
    Chris

Follow my (lack of) layout progress here... I promise I'll have something to update it with soon!
    http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/blog.php?b=2029

I think it looks good, and all I would do is add more of the grass tuffs all around the edges to hide the 'creeping' water line. Really good job though!

Ship and travel Santa Fe.....all the way!
    Copyright 2008 Jerry DeBene

Here's some tuffs I added right to the top of the water, and then added some longer strands with a cat tail top. As you can see, rocks over the edges help too.

Ship and travel Santa Fe.....all the way!
    Copyright 2008 Jerry DeBene

I've never had particularly good luck with the WS water of any type they make, but Jim, your work might convince me to give it another try!
    George in Ellison Park, NY
    UMTRR, A1G, W&NY and more...IrwinsJournal.com

Here is a lake im working on with my girlfriend!!!!

Umtrr-author, I use WS Realistic Water for two main reasons. When dry it doesn't set up with a flat glass-like finish. There is a hint of ripple in the pouring. The other is no mixing. I love to build layouts and do scenery especially. I don't enjoy some of the behind the scenes work like, mixing water formulas, spline track bed, and over kill wiring of track more than necessary. So, I will use WS foam for under my track, a simple water solution, and put wires from the power pack on each end of the layout and enjoy my trains running on a finished layout. Cheers, Jim CCRR/Socalz44
    Check my photos at: http://www.trainboard.com/railimages...00/ppuser/6936

Blog Entries
    I have never used WS water, but whenever I have done water I have used Envirotex with great success! I have heard of people using WS water with great success as well and I might try it for my waterfront scene on my layout. But like anything else, when trying something new, I always test and experiment with it a bit before trying it on the layout.

Cwwrman, Your right, there are many ways to do most things in our hobby. None of them are wrong or right. It is up to the individual to set their own priorities. And, yes, one should always test out new techniques before applying to ones layout. Cheers, Jim CCRR/Socalz44

Tried pouring Realistic Water on to a piece of wood and let it dry. Forget about peeling it off or coming off easily. It is very difficult to remove.

Well. I've taken the leap. Thanks for the comments but I just don't like the linear look. I've decided it would be too difficult to remove and start over so I have taken a suggestion from another forum and applied Hob-E-Tac to the areas I wish to modify and applied ground cover foam. I have also added a few drops of Scenic Cement to a few areas of the foam to see what happens. I will let everyone know how it turns out and post a few pics if Ok. If not... scraper and chisel time!