View RSS Feed

My Little Railroad Buddy

That was Easy - SD45 Install

Rate this Entry
After sitting on a pair of Kato SD45 for more than a few months, I finally bought a pair of Digitrax DN163K1B decoders for them today.



In the span of about an hour and a half, I installed the new decoders, programmed them and consisted the locos together.

OK, it was only a plug and play decoder, but I've only ever installed a couple and just getting past the thought of installing one is a major accomplishment for me. I have more than a few locos and decoders that have sat in boxes for years waiting for me to install them.

This is the first time I've ever consisted anything. I used Digitrax Universal consisting on my DT400. It was simple, I just followed the Multiple UNIT Consisting steps from the Digitrax website.

I'm happy to have these done and can't wait to knock a few more out.

Submit "That was Easy - SD45 Install" to Facebook Submit "That was Easy - SD45 Install" to Google Submit "That was Easy - SD45 Install" to Digg Submit "That was Easy - SD45 Install" to Yahoo

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: